Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has just been patched to add a mechanic called Inner Discipline, along with a number of other adjustments and bug fixes. This comes almost exactly two weeks after the 1.05 patch made the first Wo Long boss somewhat easier by adding a tutorial for the Zhang Liang fight and lowering the HP for his first form.
Team Ninja, the developer behind Wo Long, has earned a reputation for making incredible Souls-like games. Wo Long is the latest and most intricate game in this genre from the studio, which is perhaps best known for the long-running Dead or Alive series of fighting games. The iconic developer also collaborated with Square Enix to create Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. While its latest release Wo Long has been generally well received, it has its share of flaws and balance issues that Team Ninja seems intent on correcting through consistent updates. The new 1.06 patch is the fourth since Wo Long released on March 3, 2023.
The biggest new feature of Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty version 1.06 is Inner Discipline. This allows players to limit their maximum Morale Rank. In doing so, players can expect more challenging fights against enemies with higher Morale Ranks, but this will also increase the chance of getting rare item drops. The Immortal Wizard Zuo Ci and the Blacksmith Zhu Xia will also now be easier to locate thanks to icons that have been added to the minimap for these characters. Changes have also been made to the way Elixir works. Instead of granting a permanent Morale Rank increase, it is now treated as a buff that adds three points to the player’s Morale Rank for a limited time instead of a permanent one-point increase.
There are some caveats to the new Inner Discipline feature; it will be disabled when recruiting or invading other players in Wo Long. Elixir and Burial Flag buffs will also still be applied above the maximum limit, and players will be able to access the new feature via the Battle Flag menu by selecting “Battle Preparation.”
In the patch notes, Team Ninja has acknowledged that some players have been inquiring about a bug that prevents them from receiving the “Great Gatherings” achievement. This is meant to be granted when a player has used every Reinforcement character in Wo Long at least once. A handshake icon will now be visible next to the character’s name in the Reinforcement menu, allowing players to confirm whether or not they have met the conditions for the achievement.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Update 1.06 Patch Notes
- Added the new feature “Inner Discipline,” which allows players to set their own maximum Morale Rank.
- This is accessible via Battle Preparation and then Inner Discipline in the Battle Flag menu.
- Inner Discipline will prevent Morale Rank from rising above the set limit when obtaining Morale Points by defeating enemies or performing Fatal Strikes.
- This feature will be disabled while participating in Recruit and Invade sessions.
- The Elixir and Burial Flag buffs that increase Morale Rank will still be applied above the maximum limit.
- Made changes to the Reinforcements menu so that a handshake icon will now be displayed next to the companions who have accompanied the player at least once.
- We have received inquiries from players who have been unable to obtain the achievement/trophy “Great Gatherings.” If you have confirmed the status of your companions after applying the update and are still unable to obtain the trophy despite fulfilling all of the requirements, then please contact customer support. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Added icons to display the location of Zuo Ci and the Blacksmith/Zhu Xia on the minimap.
- Added Set Bonus and Inner Discipline to Tutorial under Documents.
- Made the following adjustments to the effects of the item Elixir:
- Changed the mechanics of the effects so that Morale Rank increase is now treated as a buff effect that expires after a set period of time.
- Changed the Morale Rank increase from 1 to 3.
- Changed the duration of the effects from 30 seconds to 60.
- Enlarged the Affinity hitbox of the flame area generated by the demonized Xiahou Dun’s tail so that it will be easier to neutralize the flames by taking advantage of Five Phase Affinities.
- Adjusted the activation timing for the special effect Subtlety of the Water Phase so that it occurs after the Fatal Strike sequence is complete, rather than at the start of Fatal Strikes.
- Made adjustments so that the lock-on mechanics would not target enemies awaiting aid.
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to go outside the bounds of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to become stuck (in the ground/surrounding objects) in certain locations in some stages, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible for players to progress if they had died in certain locations in some stages, as the players would continually respawn to the point where they had fallen to their death, causing them to die over and over again.
- Fixed a bug that allowed ranged attacks to penetrate walls and caused enemies to detect players through the walls in some stages.
- Fixed a bug in which players’ progress after defeating bosses would not be saved if the application ended during the cutscene that plays after the boss’ defeat.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from locking on to Fengxi until the demon became aware of their presence in the main battlefield “Tyrant’s Final Banquet.”
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused demonized Sun Jian to go outside the bounds of the current area in the main battlefield “Darkness over the Hanshui River.”
- Fixed a bug that caused certain terracotta soldiers in the main battlefield “Behold the Glaive of Righteousness” to produce drop rewards equivalent to those of leaders.
- Fixed a bug that caused some of the Shuigui in front of the waterfall in the main battlefield “The Valley of Crying Wraiths” to have a wider field of view than intended.
- Fixed a bug that caused a certain bandit in front of a treasure chest in the sub battlefield “Escape from the Capital” to have a narrower field of view than intended.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the player’s Morale Rank to decrease when obtaining Morale Points in the sub battlefield “The Crouching Dragon’s Trial.”
- Fixed a bug that caused some doors in the sub battlefield “The Request of Goddess Luo” to glow, despite them not being interactive elements.
- Fixed a bug in which demonized warlocks would sometimes fail to appear if the player had entered the boss area from certain locations in the sub battlefield “The Request of Goddess Luo.”
- Fixed a bug in which players would be returned to the entrance of the area at the start of the boss battle in the sub battlefield “Fate of the Entertainer.”
- Fixed a bug in which action inputs did not successfully register when performed at a specific moment during the ending sequences of moving and guarding.
- Fixed a bug that caused demonized officers to become stuck in the ground after landing if their Spirits had been depleted while they were in midair.
- Fixed a bug in which Zhuyan could still sometimes perform a Critical Blow with its leg, even after the hardened part on its leg was destroyed.
- Fixed a bug in which it was possible to deal Spirit damage to Dong Zhuo while a player was being hit by his Critical Blow, which consists of grabbing at the player.
- Fixed a bug in which the player’s Morale Rank would decrease, despite not having been hit, when the player approached the Changgui while it was unleashing its Critical Blow, which consists of consecutive bites.
- Fixed a bug in which Fengxi’s charging attack sometimes dealt incorrect amounts of damage due to applying invalid values.
- Fixed a bug that caused Corpse Demons to be invincible during their dodging sequence.
- Fixed a bug that caused the demonized Sun Jian to recover from Spirit Disruption earlier than intended.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lu Bu to fail to ride Red Hare.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes make it impossible to obtain the trophies/achievements Adamantine, Keen-Edged, and Well-Read.
- After applying the update, these trophies/achievements will be obtainable by completing any of the main or sub battlefields.
- Fixed a bug that caused excessive processing load when players were awaiting aid or when they were accompanied by other warriors.
- Fixed a bug occurring during multiplayer sessions that prevented guest players from leaving the area after defeating Fengxi in the main battlefield “Tyrant’s Final Banquet.”
- Fixed a bug occurring during Co-op sessions that prevented guest players from being detected if they approached Fengxi while the host was raising a Battle Flag in the main battlefield “Tyrant’s Final Banquet.”
- Fixed a bug occurring during multiplayer sessions in which hosts would be awaiting aid in places inaccessible to guest players in the sub battlefield “Massacre of Meiwu Fort.”
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause a loss of Genuine Qi when a network error occurred during multiplayer sessions.
- Fixed a bug occurring during Co-op sessions in which some enemies would not respawn upon interacting with a Battle Flag.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Master Smith Hammer and the Imperial Seal of the Celestial Empire to become obtainable after defeating other players during Invade sessions, even if these items had not been previously acquired by the player.
- Fixed a bug in which the time calculated for the Fastest Completion Time in the player’s Records would sometimes be incorrect.
- Fixed a bug in which certain actions in the Learn Wizardry Spells menu within the Battle Flag menu would sometimes cause players to lose Spell Points.
- After applying the update, players will be provided with their lost Spell Points via the Learn Wizardry Spells menu.
- Fixed a bug in which selecting the eye patch for the Type 2 figure in Character Creation would cause part of the eyepatch to sink into the character’s head.
- Fixed a bug that caused the model image of the Gauntlets of Boldness to be distorted.
- Fixed a bug that caused flickering to occur when applying the Bloom filter in Photograph mode in certain locations.
- Fixed other minor bugs
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is available now for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
MORE: Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty – All Stats Explained